Today was so much fun. Finally we got to shoot off our bottle rockets. I am honestly small kine worried for tomorrow because our bottle rocket did not stay in the air for long at all. We need to have 5 seconds in the air, thank goodness we get to make some modifications. Today we also did a lab about power, or the amount of work per unit of time. In this picture below Amber and I are running towards the slip-in-slide. She was running faster than I was so her time was less. Her mass is also greater than mine and therefore her power was greater as well. An important equation that I learned today was that to find power starting with mass, distance and time you must first find force by multiplying mass and gravity. Then multiply that by distance to get work, finally dividing that by time to get power.

No comments:
Post a Comment