Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Unit One Review
This is a picture of a baby grandfather clock that I made. There is a pendulum inside that counts the seconds. Every grandfather clock I know has one and they all count seconds. My Tutu has a grandfather clock at her house that is about my height, however the pendulum is the same length as the one in this picture. The bottom is much bigger and so is the stick but it still counts the seconds. This is a great example of our pendulum lab because it shows that even if the pendulum has more mass as long as it is the same length then it will have the same period time. I never really thought about this as an actual pendulum but know that we have learned more about them I can understand why they still have the same period time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thats so cool how both of the clocks have different masses but equal periods. I would have never understood that concept without Unit 1.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for Unit 1! Funny thing right after I posted this my clock broke.
Delete