Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Unit 5&6...I think

Let's start with unit 5, the semester project says the Unit 5 is forces in equilibrium. Basically that means that the object is either not moving or is moving at a constant velocity. The forces that act on the object would cancel out making it not move, or have a constant velocity. Every object has a downward pull called a weight force, otherwise known as gravity. Therefore if this object is not moving downward it would either have an upward pull called tension or a upward push called normal force. To me this is all still a little murky and I don't completely understand it.


Next comes unit 6, forces in acceleration. This is when the forces do not cancel out and therefore it accelerates. For example if there is a ball that is accelerating upwards on a rope then the weight pull is less than the tension pull.


In this picture I am not moving, however there are forces acting upon me. One is gravity or weight force (that never turns off) this is pulling me towards the ground. Another is normal force pushing me away from the ground. Because I am not moving I can assume they are equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment