Monday, June 18, 2012

Unit 3. danger!

Today in physics we did a super dangerous lab. Actually not really, it could have been but instead it was lots of fun. In this lab we had a skateboard like object and we put it on the top of a hill then placed people every 5 meters to time. Everyone started their timers at the same time and would stop when the skateboarder passed them. When we went back in the classroom and graphed our data is was easy to see that as the skateboard went down the hill it was accelerating. The slope of the graph kept getting steeper meaning that there was acceleration. We also learned a bunch of new equations using velocity, acceleration, time and distance. At the end of class we were introduced to physics word problems. They hurt my brain! It was so hard to understand the format Mr. Blake wanted but finally after working hard at it I understand!





3 comments:

  1. I like how you described very well what we did but you also incorporated fun into it with your funny comments. I relate my brain also hurt too! haha i also like the cool pictures you took!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean by the brain hurt, most of us get that by the end of the day. I like the way you arranged the pictures instead of just throwing them randomly in, it shows effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you chose the lab to blog about because many people might just disregard the significance of the lab but it was actually a very good visual lesson. It was a very fun lab and I was pretty scarred the time that I went on the board down the hill, because the acceleration was increasing like the graph we looked at in class so that means that I was gaining speen the longer I went down the hill. very cool pics! and cool post:)!!

    ReplyDelete