Sunday, June 24, 2012

Unit 4. BLAST OFF!

ROCKETS ARE AWESOME! I love rockets, they are the coolest things on the planet. To bad nobodies hit Mr. Blake. In my mind I think he cheated, he knew the the air resistance would throw off our calculations so none of us would actually hit him. But those calculations were hard, we pretty much had to apply everything we learned and also had to get all the data ourselves. Normally in problems we will get how high it goes or what the speed it but for the rocket lab we had to figure it all out by ourselves. For me that was actually the challenging part, not really the calculations, to figure out what numbers go where. If we had all been given the data I think it would have taken us about 10 minutes not an hour. I do admit that shooting rockets is really fun and I was not really paying attention to most numbers I was just having fun setting off the rocket. I think friday was my favorite day so far this summer because it was all about this one lab, and taking a test, that wasn't so fun. It's amazing thinking about what we can do now that we know all this physics!


Our Rocket!

Anyone see the tiny dot in the sky, that is our rocket on super!

No comments:

Post a Comment