Unit two was harder, now we were learning about kinematics. The first thing we learned was if someone asked us, "are you moving?" we are to answer, "relative to what?". We then went in to learn about scalar and vector quantities as well as distance, speed, velocity and displacement. At first everything seemed very confusing but when we added graphing for some reason it all made sense. There are three major rules to graphing, one, the slope of a position vs. time graph is velocity, two, the slope of a velocity vs. time graph is accelerations and three, the area under the curve of a velocity vs. time graph is displacement.
Finally unit three came along where we learned about acceleration. I think this unit was the most fun because we did the most interesting labs. First to really grasp acceleration we did the skateboard lab, next we played around with volleyballs and saw how they accelerated down our slanted table. What really got me confused about unit three were all the word problems and the new equations. However now that we have been working on it for a while I feel like I finally understand, now if only I can get through quarter two.
![]() |
| http://www.fordyceletter.com/media/2010/08/a_man_throwing_papers.jpg |

This was a great summary of our quarter one! It was short but still very informative! I really liked the skateboard lab too! good job!!
ReplyDeleteI like your "are you moving? relative to what" thingy. You explained everything quite nicely! :) and sounds like you know physics well! yay for mahina!!
ReplyDeleteI like how you went through each unit and briefly discussed what we learned, while keeping the post short and simple, and to the point! The picture at the end is veryyyyyyyy relatable! :P
ReplyDelete